The 2nd World March for Peace and Non-Violence has been started on October 2, 2019 on the International Day of Nonviolence. The 2nd world march for peace and nonviolence will end in Madrid at March 8, 2020 on the international day of Women Rights. The world march will cross the Africa, North America, Central and South America, crossing Oceania, Asia and finally Europe the 2ndWM will cross more than 100 countries and that hundreds of thousands of activists will participate in this worldwide action.
The base team reached on 24th January 2020 at Nepal and Humanist Movement Pakistan team joined the 2WM for Peace and Nonviolence on 23rd January 2020 at Kathmandu Nepal.
Main Themes of 2nd World March for Peace and Nonviolence.
- The prohibition of nuclear weapons. A proportional disarmament resulting in the renunciation for states to use war to solve conflicts or to grab natural resources. “We are decided to avoid wars for the future generations”.
- The reshaping of the United Nations, by including in the Security Council an Environmental Security Council and a Socioeconomic Security Council. “United Nations that watch over all the citizens of the planet”.
- The creation of conditions for a fully sustainable planet, bearing in mind that it is a limited space we decisively need to take care of. “The Earth is everyone´s home”.
- The integration of regions and zones with socioeconomic systems, which guarantee well-being and resources for all, with the aim to eradicate hunger in the next ten years. “We want to eradicate hunger from human history”.
- Non-discrimination of any type: gender, age, race, religion, economic, etc… “No human being over another one”.
- Nonviolence as a new culture and active nonviolence as an action method. “Nonviolence is the strength that will transform the world”.
Humanist Movement Pakistan Team @ Nepal
Humanist Movement Pakistan team member Mr. Gulab, Mr. Teerath Jhangi, Mr. Krishan Sharma and Ms. Hina Azam joined Humanist Movement Nepal Team on January 23rd, 2020 at Kathmandu Nepal. Ms. Tulsi Sigdel (Country Coordinator Humanist Movement Nepal), Mr. Mukunda Baskota, Mr. Indra KC warmly welcomed us.
Meeting with International Coordinator HM
At the evening of 23rd January 2020, we met with HM team member including Mr. Rafael De La Rubia (International Coordinator HM), Mr. Marco Inocessis, Ms. Francesca De Vito, Mr. Sandro Ciani, Ms Tulsi Sigdel and her team. Also had fruitful discussion on HM work in general and activities to be conducted in next few days in specific.
Pakistan-team also shared ongoing activities in Pakistan. It was also shared with HM fellows that Pakistan chapter established with the efforts of Decler Mendez Hague in 2005. Mr. Rafael shared objectives of 2nd World March for peace and nonviolence.
Last Updated: April 08, 2020