In the Thar Desert especially, local peoples don’t like to eat more rice, but during rainy season mushroom biryani is often made regularly, also on picnics and family dinner because the traditional mushroom biryani fits in all event. Today, I cooked mushroom biryani through following the traditional recipe, here I am sharing the easy traditional recipe ‘how to cook mushroom biryani’ at home.
Contents of the Article
Traditional Recipe of Mushroom Biryani
The Thar desert traditional Mushroom Biryani is one of the delicious dishes of desert organic foods that may be enjoyed on different occasions which includes picnic party, kitty party, buffet, and even game nights. You can make Mushroom Biryani recipe to treat your loved ones in the rainy season or on a desert tour.
Traditional Mushroom Biryani is a simple, one-pot meal, which can be served with raita and salad. A plate of Mushroom Biryani is a perfect balance of good quality protein and carbs.
Traditional mushroom biryani recipe is prepared with Mughal Rice, fresh wild mushrooms, onion, and masala. The biryani masala used on this making this mouth-watering Mushroom Biryani recipe is juicy and smooth and has a flavor that you may relish for sure.
How to Cook Mushroom Biryani
Here is the step by step process of cooking traditional mushroom biryani at home.
Step 1. Clean Fresh Wild Mushroom
It is very difficult to clean the wild mushrooms; I have already described the full process in my last article indigenous recipe of wild mushroom. Clean all fresh mushrooms, and wash with fresh water and cut it into slim slices.
Step 2. Prepare Rice and water
First of all, clean the Mughal rice and ensure that there is no dust of sand particles in rice. After that rinse the Mughal Rice very well in freshwater. Then soak the rice in clean fresh water for a few minutes.
Step 3. Prepare required masala for mushroom biryani
In the meanwhile, prepare all required masala including chopped onion, bay leaf, cumin seeds, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, green chilies, salt, ginger, garlic paste, red chili powder, etc.
Step 4. Cook Mushrooms
Put a deep bottomed pan on low high flame and put oil leave to heat, once the oil is hot enough, add baby leaf, cumin seeds, bay leaf, black paper, cardamom, cloves in it, and leave about half minute and then add chopped onion into it and cook until onion change the color to light brown. Now, add green chili, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, and mix it properly and cook for a half minute then add mushroom and cook it properly.
Step 4. Boil the rice
Boil the Mughal Rice under low medium flame.
Step 5. Mix Cooked Mushrooms with boiled rice
Mix the cooked mushrooms into boiled rice and mix it gently. Your traditional mushroom biryani is ready to serve.
- The first and foremost important thing to take care of while cooking wild mushroom biryani is, always to use a deep bottomed pan.
- If your cooked rice has turned sticky, spread it on a plate and leave them for five minutes. The rice could be separate and exquisite again.
- Always use fresh wild mushroom (remember that the life of mushroom is only one day)
Traditional Mushroom Biryani
- 2 Cup Rice Mughal Banaspati
- 500 grams Fresh Wild Mushroom Chopped
- 8 tbsp Oil 2 tbsp for rice and 6 tbsp for mushroom cooking
- 2 No Cloves small pieces
- 4 No Black Paper
- 2 No Cardamom
- 1 No Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili
- 1 tbsp Salt as per your taste
- 2 No Baby Leaf
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
For the rice
- First of all, clean the Mughal rice and ensure that there is no any dust of sand particle in rice.
- After that rinse the Mughal Rice very well in freshwater.
- Then soak the rice in clean fresh water for few minutes.
- Put 4 cup of water and boil it at slow flame
- Add 2 tbsp oil, baby leaf and salt.
- Drain the rice and mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook the rice on low heat.
- Remove the pan from heat and keep aside.
For the Mushroom
- Put a deep bottomed pan on low high flame.
- Put oil leave to heat, once the oil is hot enough,
- Add baby leaf, cumin seeds, bay leaf, black paper, cardamom, cloves in it, and leave about half minute
- Then Add chopped onion into it and cook until onion change the colour to light brown.
- Now, add green chili, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, and mixit properly and cook for half minute.
- Add Chopped mushroom and cook it 10 minutes.
- Now Add boiled water two cup and cover the pan with lid and cook until they are done.
- Remove The lid of pan and cook until all water reduced.
- Add Coriander powder and mix it properly
- Mix the cooked mushroom with boiled rice genteelly, yourtraditional mushroom biryani is ready for serve.
You must read these important articles;
- How to put a gap year in resume
- Top 10 qualities – Every Woman Wants in her husband
- Character leads to best personality
- Way to build relationship with readers
- How to build momentum in business
- Top best food for strengthening immune system
Always remember, Only GOD is perfect nothing else. Don’t wait for perfect, take the hand and make it perfect for your relationship. (Lifestyle Guru)
Last Updated: July 16, 2020