Gender Based Violence is a fundamental violation of Human Rights. Domestic violence causes in America is not different to other countries. The research reports have been showing the alarming figure of frequency, causes and factors of domestic violence. Different actors are playing their role for making peaceful world for women.
Different research, survey reports depicts, four million women abusing on a public health issue by intimate partner every year in the United States. Around the world, one in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
Domestic violence is a specific violence by one or both partners in a relationship’s pattern of abusive behavior. Emotional abuse, sexual abuse, physical aggression, controlling behavior and economic inequality are the forms of domestic violence.
Status of Women
Research reports depicts that, around the world one woman out of three have been beaten, forced into sex in her lifetime. Throughout the world, women earn less than men, situation in United States is same. Even the ratio of improvement are sluggish, in those sectors where major progress has been made on women status.
Research reports also depicts that, about 13% Mexican American and 17% English speaking Latinos abused by partner. Situation of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Australia, Canada, Israel, South Africa, and the United States is also worst.
Issues Challenging Women
The world famous developed and powerful U.S. has the largest number of homeless, Poor, Hunger, and Homelessness women and children. As like developing countries, poverty, unemployment, gender discrimination, men handled economy and domestic violence is a big issue of US. I want to share, most discussed issues in the U.S. are:
- Lack of women in power positions
- Gender Wage Gap.
- Economy is not working for women
- The lack of respect for care-giving
- Violence Against Women
- Inadequate Maternal, Infant Health Care.
- Absence of Laws Mandating Paid Sick and Parental Leave.
- Lack of Affordable and Competent Child Care.
- The Treatment of Women in Prison.
- Human Trafficking/Sex Slavery.
- The Severe Continued Under-Representation of Women in Political Life.
- Under-Representation in the Justice System (Prosecutors, Judges, and Police Officers).
- Inadequate Representation and Unequal Pay (Actors, Writers, Directors, Producers)
- Keeping Women in High-Tech Fields.
- Lack of Health Insurance.
Causes and Risk Factors of Domestic Violence
Everyone is in the race of getting more money. this race and getting more and more resulted human migration from one place to new place. Peoples from all of the world are being migrated to USA in the search of ideal society. America welcomed to all new comers. New settlers came with their own culture and traditions. They destroyed the original unique social and cultural characteristics. They also affected the dialect, music, arts, social habits, cuisine, folklore. Today the United States of America is an ethnically and racially diverse country.
As like other developed and developing countries USA has the class systems. Different classes are associated with different lifestyles, consumption patterns and values. The current society with lack of non-violent social problem-solving skills. Poor social norms, individualism, technology dependent, sex free spaces, nigh club environments are alarming issues.
Following risk factors and causes of increasing domestic violence
- Early Parenthood
- Problem Drinkers
- Severe Poverty
- Mental, Emotional Distress
- No Warning
- Low self-confidence
- Young age, Aggressive or delinquent behavior
- Heavy alcohol, drug use
- Depression, Anger, hostility
- Antisocial personality traits
- Prior history of being physically abusive
- Emotional dependence and insecurity
- Desire for power and control in relationships
- Hostility towards women
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Jealousy, possessiveness, negative emotion within an intimate relationship
- Economic stress
- Association with antisocial and aggressive peers
- Social isolation/lack of social support
- Poverty and associated factors (overcrowding, high unemployment rates)
- High friendship quality
- Social support (tangible help, support from neighbors)
- To 10 Qualities, Every Woman Wants in her Husband
- The main causes of oily skin | Lifestyle Guru
- What woman wants in a relationship || LifestyleGuru
- Legal tips for bloggers from a lawyer
Lifestyle Guru: 11/09/2019